Saturday, October 19, 2013

Summer Porch


I went with red and white décor on my porch this summer.  I wanted something that would tie in nicely with July 4th and something I could leave up all summer.

I bought a couple of pillows at Pier 1.  The white bench came from World Market last fall on clearance.  I filled the porch with red and white flowers and pots and a couple of ferns.  I found the red watering can at Home Goods.




I made fabric flowers out of blue and white fabrics.  I cut long strips with a scalloped edge, gathered them and hot glued them onto felt.

 

I wrapped a straw wreath with ribbon and glued it here and there.



I pinned the flowers on so I can possibly use the wreath for another holiday or two.  I love how it turned out.  I ties in with 4th of July colors without being too patriotic so I can leave it up all summer.

 



For the 4th we hung back up our windsocks we made last summer.



I also painted some old baseballs and soft balls and put them in a basket on the bench.  I saw the idea via Pinterest and it was linked back to Better Homes and Gardens. 
 
 


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment