Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Bribing the Nurses


I had a friend who had a baby last year and she took a basket of candy and goodies to the hospital with her for the nurses.  She called it her "bribe basket."  I thought it was a fabulous idea so I decided to do something similar for my upcoming hospital stay.


After the birth of my first two children I took goodies up to the nurses and a gift for my L&D nurse after the baby and I went home.  This time around, I thought it would be nice to hand each person who comes to help me a little something.  It never hurts to bribe people a little to give you extra special care, right?  I have a C-section scheduled so I know I'll be in the hospital three or four days and I know I'll need lots of TLC.

I saw this idea here at Gillian Greding's blog and I loved it.  I hit up Bath & Body Works when they had a great sale and I scored travel sized lotions, hand sanitizers and body sprays in the Sweet Pea scent.  I never knew there were so many products in that scent!  It smells amazing.

I added a few Dark Chocolate Raspberry Ghirardelli squares {mostly because they had a cute pink wrapper} and some white chocolate Lindt truffles. 


I created little tags that with my EK Success punches that said, "Thank you for taking care of me and my sweet pea" and tied them up with green twine.




I made up 17 of them so I should be able to thank everyone who comes my way.  My bags are packed, her room is ready and I'm stocked up with boxes and boxes of diapers and wipes.  I can't wait to meet my new baby girl! 

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. This is such an amazing idea! I want to share it with the families of twins I work with and the multiples groups I participate in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an amazing idea! I want to share it with the families of twins I work with and the multiples groups I participate in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In order to become an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, you will: • Receive your bachelor's degree either in science or in nursing. • You will become a registered nurse and begin practice as an RN. • You will continue your path to your master's degree, and receive the specialized training. • You must become certified and licensed, depending on your state, the testing might vary. • Keep up with continual education and any necessary licensing exams that you have to take. Depending on your state it might be annual, in other states you will not have to become recertified as often. Visit nursingeducation's website to read more

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea! I'm expecting my baby girl in 10 days and want to use this idea. Do you happen to sell those tags?

    ReplyDelete